After watching the ball drop in Times Square and celebrating with friends and family, the first thing on everyone’s mind is their new year’s resolution. While considering your resolutions this year, take a moment to ensure home safety is included. The new year is the perfect time to refresh your commitment to the safety tips below:
- Install at least one carbon monoxide alarm in sleeping areas and on every level of your home.
- Install visible, reflective house numbers
- Service your furnace annually
- Clean chimneys
- Never leave cars running in the garage
- Shovel out fire hydrants for easy access
For more tips on home and fire safety, you can check out NFPA.org.